Bishop Eliud Okiring Foundation
DESTITUTE MOTHER CHILD ORGANIZATION
Bishop Eliud Okiring
WHAT WE DO
Destitute women and HIV and AIDS widows are grouped in tens by the organization and encouraged to identify small sustainable income generating projects ranging from poultry farming, dairy, grinding mills etc. Due to limited financial abilities, they focused on Agri-business which involves farming with commercial purpose. They have supported 105 families through basic agricultural support. They also provide farm inputs such as seeds, farm implements, advisory services, fertilizers, commercial knowledge for marketing, accounting and banking knowledge. These will facilitate sustenance of the families.
James Israel Mundia
Mrs. Beatrice Okiring
Co-founder and Executive Director
Mrs. Beatrice has been a school teacher for over 30 yrs. She was the president of the mothers’ union association in Kenya, and the diocesan president for 16 years. The mothers’ union association has worldwide membership of over a billion women. The union caters for the needs of mother and children. It fights for women place in the society and guides women to Christian lifestyle.
Left teaching to become an ordained minister in 1972. He has served as a priest for 17 years and Bishop in the Anglican Communion for 16 years. He studied theology in St. Paul’s college Limuru and in Dublin school of divinity, Ireland. He was the churche’s, provincial children Sunday school coordinator, and he is currently the chairman of national council of churches of Kenya (NCCK) western province. Bishop Okiring has served in district communities through out his ministry.
• 2006 started as a community based organization with the intentions of supporting the bright but needy children with school fees subsidy in day secondary school.
• 2007 recruited the first lot of students.
• 2008 offered psychosocial support to the post election victims with special interest to the Destitute mothers whom we are supporting the children
2009 the organization changed it’s status from the local community based organization to the Non Governmental Organization
• 2009 Supported 120 families with agricultural farm inputs so that they can offer food to the orphans in their homes
• 2010 Recruited 15 students to join form one and maintained 30 in primary school
• 2011 recruited 16 students to secondary school
The second beneficiary of Rt_Demco got a B- in the Kenya Certificate of secondary education and she is set to pursue her Bachelor of commerce degree as from September 2012 in Kenya College of Accountancy
• 2012 recruited 10 to secondary and 28 to primary
• 2012 recruited 5 students with special needs to primary and secondary schools
• 2012 Following the demise of the founder and director the aspect of Bishop Okiring foundation was incorporated in the organization.
• 2012 The second director was also appointed by the board members
To assist orphans, widows and vulnerable mothers and children in Western Kenya by providing for children education needs, food, clothing and healthcare, and economically empowering widows and destitute mothers in order to provide for them.
The motto of our organization is Psalms: 102:17 “he will regard the prayer of the destitute and will not despise their supplications”